Wrapping a Present
1.. Clear large space on table for wrapping present.
2.. Go to wardrobe and collect bag in which present is
contained, and close door.
3.. Open door and remove cat from wardrobe.
4..Go to cupboard and retrieve rolls of wrapping paper.
5.. Go back and remove cat from cupboard.
6.. Go to drawer, and collect transparent sticky tape,
ribbons, scissors labels etc.
7. Lay out presents and wrapping materials on table, to enable
wrapping strategy to be formed.
8.. Go back to drawer to get string, remove cat that has been
in the drawer since last visit and collect string.
9. Reopen drawer and re-remove cat.
10. Remove present from bag.
11. Remove cat from bag.
12. Open box to check present, remove cat from box, replace
13. Lay out paper to enable cutting to size,
14. Try and smooth out paper, realize cat is underneath and
15. Cut the paper to size, trying to keep the cutting line
16. Throw away first sheet as cat tried to chase the scissors,
and tore paper.
17. Cut second sheet of paper to size. By putting cat in the
bag the present came out of.
18. Place present on cut to size paper
19. Lift up edges of paper to seal in present, wonder why
edges now don't reach, and realize cat is between present and
paper. Remove cat and retry.
20. Place object on paper, to hold in place, while cutting
transparent sticky tape.
21. Spend next 20 minuets carefully trying to remove
transparent sticky tape from cat with pair of nail scissors.
22. Seal paper down, with transparent sticky tape, making
corners as neat as possible.
23. Look for roll of ribbon, chase cat down hall, in order to
24. Try to wrap present with ribbon in a two directional turn.
25. Re-roll up ribbon and remove paper that is now torn, due
to cat's enthusiasm to chase ribbon end.
26. Repeat steps 13-20 until down to last sheet of paper.
27. Decide to skip steps 13-17, in order to save time and
reduce risk of loosing last sheet of paper. By retrieving old
cardboard box, that you know is right size for sheet of paper.
28.. Put present in box, and tie down with string.
29.. Remove string, open box and remove cat.
30.. Put all packing materials in bag with present and head
for lock able room.
31.. Once inside room, lock door and start to re-lay out
32.. Remove cat from box, unlock door, put cat outside door,
close door and re-lock.
33.. Repeat previous step as often as is necessary. Until you
can hear the cries from the cat outside the door.
34..Lay out last sheet of paper. (I know this is difficult in
the small area of the toilet. But try your best)
35.. realize cat has already got to the paper. Unlock door go
out and hunt through various cupboards, looking for sheet of
last years paper, until you remember that you haven't got any
left, due to cats help with wrapping last year.
36.. Retire back to room lock door, and sit on toilet whilst
trying to work out how to make torn sheet of paper look
37.. Seal box, wrap with paper and start repairs by very
carefully seal down tears with transparent sticky tape. Now
tie up with ribbon and decorate with bows to hide worst
38.. Label, then sit back and admire your handiwork,
congratulating yourself on making good of a bad job.
39.. Unlock door, and go to kitchen to make drink and feed
40.. Spend next 15 minuets looking for cat, before coming to
41.. Unwrap present, untie box and remove cat.
42.. Retrieve all thrown away sheets of wrapping paper, feed
cat and retire back to room for last attempt, making certain
you are alone and the door is locked.
43.. Find least torn and wrinkled sheets of paper, along with
the ones that the pattern matches closet.
44.. Vainly try and wrap present in patchwork of paper. Tie
with the now tattered ribbon and decorate with the now limp
bows. Label and put present in bag, for fear of anyone seeing
45.. At time of handing over present, smile sweetly at
receivers face, as they try and hide their contempt at being
handed such a badly wrapped present.
46.. Swear to yourself that next year, you will get the store
to wrap the darn thing for you.